Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Coffee Stained




Image result for coffee stain

Everyone does something they wish they wouldn’t do.

I am my own worst enemy.

Just the other day, I was driving to work when I made a terribly alarming discovery.  What happened was that my coffee dispenser that I had strapped into the front seat of my truck spilled.  Worse than that, it had fallen into my duffle bag of work items and been there for about 30 minutes.  It was a lake and I was as hot as the coffee. Not to mention, coffee stains are a real bear to clean.

The blame for all of this falls on me.  I had way too much stuff in my truck.  Just for starters, in my duffle bag, I had a map book, an orange vest, lunch bag, flashlight, winter gloves, printer paper, a football trivia book and the list goes on.  Some of that is because my office is my truck, but the other part is that I am unorganized. 

This is not my first run in with coffee stains.  It seems like about once a week I spill coffee on my pants, shirt or jacket. Maybe, I just drink too much coffee and or maybe I am just too careless.  Being in a hurry, trying to do too much, can cause trouble.  And most of us do the dance with organized chaos.

So, I guess what I learned the other day is that less is more.  Try to be better organized, so as to maximize what can be done in a day. But, some days there is only so much you can do in day.  And some days you spill your coffee, and all you can do is clean it up and keep moving.

We all are a little coffee stained in our souls, thankfully God cleans us up, if we let Him.

Swavel

No comments: