Sunday, April 30, 2017

Just Browsing




Image result for someone just browsing in a store 

Life is but a brief moment that needs to be spent wisely.

Just the other day I was in a convenience store when a strange sign caught my eye.  It was hanging from the magazine rack and simply read:  Please do not read- purchase the magazine first and then view it…

Besides being rude it got me to thinking.  We are all faced with a conundrum in this life and that challenge is simply whether to get too involved with life or not.  Do we just let it pass us by, do we get obsessed with it in a bad way or do we invest in what is eternally significant.

A few famous quotes come to mind…

1-Through this toilsome world, alas!
Once and only once I pass,
If a kindness I may show,
If a good deed I may do
To a suffering fellow man,
Let me do it while I can.
… for… I shall not pass this way again.  -Anonymous

2-Look at everything as though you were seeing it for the first time or the last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory.   -Betty Smith

To me it is quite simple.  Our time on earth is short- we are here today gone tomorrow.  So, my thought is to simply make the most of every day and take none of them for granted.  And as a follower of Jesus it is even simpler- it is my responsibility and privilege to point as many to Him as possible.

When it comes to life, there is a big difference between just browsing or just wasting time.

Swavel


No comments: