Friday, June 30, 2017

Better Yet



Image result for lion 

When you think about it, it could always be worse.

Have you ever wondered why we worry about so many things?  Things like; will I disappoint my customers?  Will I fail to provide for my family?  Will I have clean socks tomorrow?  Will it rain this week?  Will my fantasy baseball team win this week? What will I have for supper tonight?

Strange that I live in a world that loves to worry and nitpick. I live in free country which is a huge privilege.  Then I imagine for a brief moment how difficult it must be in some places.

My wife found an article about a pastor in a Middle East country who was being persecuted by local terrorists.  He was even beaten up and then hidden.  And when his enemies came to finish him off some lions mysteriously appeared and attacked the bad guys.  Then the lions continued to attack till the pastor’s pursuers ran away.  The most amazing thing about the whole story was that the lions had never been sighted in that area of the country before the incident.  God certainly works in mysterious ways.

I don’t know about you, but I don’t have to battle lions on a daily basis.  However, my biggest battle tends to be my own contentment and that outcome rests squarely on my shoulders.

Better yet, my life is not always easy, but good because I serve a good God.

Swavel

No comments: