Saturday, November 20, 2010

Whitens Teeth

Have you ever read something that made you say “duh”? The other evening I was at the kitchen table when I read this, “God is complex” to which I replied, “really”? Then later that evening I made another stunning discovery when I found myself reading a tube of toothpaste. Allow me to explain….

This is what I read: Whitens teeth; releases pure oxygen bubbles for a clean fresh sensation; and deep cleaning action removes plaque. Then I read the dentist’s advice which was to brush twice a day, floss daily, and visit your dentist regularly. All this made absolute sense.

Then I read some more stuff that made absolutely no or little sense. I read the ingredients: sodium monofluorophosphate, hydrated silica, sodium bicarbonate, titanium dioxide, calcium peroxide, pentasodium triphosphate, tetrasodium pyrophosphate, carrageenan, cellose gum, FD&C blue no. 1, D&C yellow no. 10. This was far too complicated leaving me in a state of “huh”.

My bottom line is this, I understand the directions because they were simple and full of common sense, yet the ingredients were highly confusing. After a visit online I received a better comprehension, but it was still beyond me. So, despite the fact I have no idea what half the ingredients are I faithfully use the toothpaste. Why? I trust the results and the maker to do what it claims because the toothpaste makes my breath fresh, whitens my teeth and fights cavities. Good enough for me.

So, even if I can’t fully understand God with my finite mind I trust Him because I see his handiwork all around me such as the sunrise, the stars in the sky, the change in the seasons and how His mercies seem new to me every morning. Call me simple but if I can trust toothpaste to whiten my teeth I can trust God to do whatever He wants in my life.

“If we could always predict what God would do, then God isn't God. But since we can't put Him in a box and He works in such wondrous ways, He's proved Himself to be God.” Author Unknown

Swavel

No comments: