Monday, February 21, 2011

Do Diligence

A few months ago, someone shared something very intriguing with me and ever since I couldn’t stop thinking about it. The word is DILIGENCE. It’s interesting how it not only applies to my present situation, but also currently sums me up as an individual.

My friend discovered this fascinating word while he was reading in Proverbs 12:27 in the New King James Version of the Bible. “The lazy man does not roast what he took in hunting, but diligence is man’s precious possession.” Intrigued by the verse, he looked it up on-line and found this definition: “constant and earnest effort to accomplish what is undertaken; persistent exertion of body or mind.”

So, here is my take after the research. The Creator of the Universe has given me something exquisite (diligence) and I better put all my heart and soul into using this precious possesion in whatever tasks He gives me. At this time in my life, it is especially important to stay the course as my family and I pursue another adoption. Often in my life, my efforts have been wishy- washy or persistent for a while until the going got tough and then eventually give in. But now, it's time to demand better. My belief is there is a girl out there that needs our family and as head of that family I must be willing to pay due diligence till we bring her home.

The act of diligence is not usually something I would consider to be a great gift like faith, hope or love, but maybe I just had it wrong. In my present experience, diligence is what makes the other three possible.

"No action, no change. Limited action, limited change. Lots of action - Change occurs." - Catherine Pulsifer

Sincerely Yours, Swavel

No comments: