Friday, December 2, 2016

Safe At Home



Image result for picture of cartoon house
Dorothy and her ruby red slippers were absolutely right- there is no place like home.

There is just something about having something to call your own, something you can call home.

For example, here are some phrases about home…  Home, home on the range where the deer and the antelope play.   Home is where the heart is.  Home is where your story begins.  I’ll be home for Christmas.  Home for the Holidays.  And of course the goal of each runner in baseball is be SAFE AT HOME. 

About two weeks ago, my wife and I became homeowners, not that we had elaborate plans to do so.  However, it is cool for the most part, but it comes with both advantages and disadvantages.

Disadvantages:
·         Can’t find things, because of the move
·         No parking for friends
·         We must pay for unexpected expenses
·         Must pay mortgage monthly or will be on the outside looking in

Advantages:
·         No one can tell us we have to leave at a moment’s notice
·         Can decorate how we like
·         We have something we can call ours
·         Stability is nice

Now, I know nothing is really all mine.  It has been said, that the Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord.  And I believe all good things come from the hand of God.  So, although it is nice to own a home I know I can’t possibly do life on my own.

This sentiment can best be summed up by a plaque I got my wife for her birthday and something new to hang in our house: OUR HOUSE IS JUST A LITTLE HOUSE, BUT GOD KNOWS WHERE WE LIVE.

Safe at home only truly exists when God draws up the blueprint and then constructs it in His own good time.

Swavel

No comments: