Saturday, June 19, 2010

Never More Proud

I am a part of a very special and proud fraternity, I am a father. The following are some very special memories I have shared with my children over the years.

In the early morning of March 21st, 1991, my newborn son was gently handed to me. The world slowed momentarily as I got acquainted with my son. Another memory comes to mind when he gave the salutatorian speech last year at his graduation. Never have I been more proud of him.

On the afternoon of April 24th, 1993, when my first daughter was born, I inherited a rich man's family . The last night I shared with my daughter before she changed her address to heaven, she unselfishly bought crackers and chips for some of her friends with her own birthday money. Never have I been more proud of her.

It was the afternoon of June 2nd, 2003, when my third child (second daughter) was handed to my wife and I in Nanjing, China. It was a day my heart smiled. Now at the age of seven, my daughter insists on reading her bedtime stories to me every night. Never have I been more proud of her.

My children have made me proud from the moment I set my eyes on them. Perhaps this thought from Elizabeth Stone best sums it up, "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

Swavel

No comments: