Monday, May 30, 2016

Lost Faith


Image result for newspaper
Sometimes we are given no other option than to cut bait and move on in life. 
 
You don’t always get what you want. This was apparently clear to me in the past few months when a newspaper subscription failed to reach me. 

It seemed like such a great idea at the time. Since, I work long hours as a bug killer, I thought it would be nice to have a weekly sports newspaper in my truck to read at lunch to keep me up to date on football and baseball.  

Sadly, it has not turned out that way.  In the past two months or so, I only received the paper twice and the one time it was soaking wet.  Now, I acknowledge that my mailbox is positioned along with seven others at the end of my road.   Also, they can’t put the newspaper in my mailbox, due to U.S. postal rules.  Still, a simple toss under the mailbox, with a sticker address on the paper, placed in a plastic bag, would do the trick. 

During my dilemma, I called the newspaper company over four times and expressed my dissatisfaction.  Unfortunately, although they said they felt this was unacceptable behavior, in the last six weeks I have not received the newspaper.  Their talk though pleasant, was just that, cheap.

For whatever reason, the newspaper delivery service cannot deliver and therefore I have no other alternative but to cancel my subscription.  I simply have lost faith in the newspaper’s ability to deliver their paper because they did not deliver on their promises. 

This brings me to another interesting thought I have heard throughout my lifetime.  The sentiment I have heard people, who get frustrated or worn out by life, is that they have lost faith in God.  The stories for the most part are similar in that when they needed God He did not come through for them as they had hoped.  Or they simply can’t trust in someone they cannot see.

A definition of faith, I have found helpful, is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.  God, in my opinion, does not play by our rules.  His ways are higher than ours and is not someone we can see, because He is not like us.  However, He loved us enough to make a way for us to spend eternity with Him. And thank goodness, He never stops believing in us and loses faith in us.   
So, I guess what I’m saying is that although not all newspapers can deliver what they say, I firmly believe and know God can deliver and does on His promises.

Lost faith in God, unlike an undelivered newspaper, is always waiting to be picked up again. 

Swavel




No comments: