Monday, May 24, 2010

Defining Moments

Our lives are defined by moments. Just two weeks ago, I had an awkward one when I landed on my knee trying to reach first base in a softball game. Then a week later, I had a painful moment when I discovered my injured knee was actually a ruptured quadricep muscle and would require surgery. This now becomes a trying moment full of choices and opportunities, like seeing my daughter in the morning, hearing the birds sing all day long, and writing whenever the mood strikes.

In a paragraph, I'm a 42-year-old guy who has been married for 21 years to the only girl I ever dated. The father of a college age son and two daughters; one who's address was changed to heaven 10 years ago (at the age of 7) and one who was born in China.

Here is some other pertinent stuff about me. In the past 25 years, I have had several jobs, some including: exterminator, upholsterer, limo driver, janitor, and courier. I have also written devotionals and contributed to a book. I usually enjoy playing softball, but since I'll be spending this softball season on my posterior, a friend suggested I start a blog.

Hope you come by often and 'perhaps' share in some old and new moments to come.

Swavel

No comments: