Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Breaking News

Yesterday, I had some breaking news. I learned something through a minor inconvenience that occurred in my life. A pair of my pants had a wardrobe malfunction at work; my zipper broke. So, I did what I believed MacGyver would have done, had he been me with my limited repair skills, and used several paper clips to temporarily solve the problem. However, I didn’t learn anything of value form that, ...except buy better made pants.

This is what I learned: my life is really good. Funny thing is by the time I got home I had forgotten all about my dilemma and began to play outside with my wife and kids. I began to kick the soccer ball with Lia and watch Sianna walk around in “moon shoes” and was really just enjoying life.

This reminded me of an old episode of Mad About You on which the Seinfeld character, Kramer was guest appearing. He was giving relationship advice to Paul Reiser, the main character in the show. Kramer asked Paul about his wife. “Do you love her? Does she love you? Do you have three pairs of pants?” Paul said yes to all three and Kramer said, “there you go.”

So, I applied this logic to my life yesterday. Do I love my wife and kids? Do they love me? Do I still have three pairs of pants? So, there I go with a resounding yes to all three, my life is really good.
 
Swavel

No comments: