Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Giggling

--From June 24th--
Due to techinical difficulties, this is my first post in a while. So here are 3 things I just discovered that I find utterly fascinating.
1- KFC is hugely popular over here in China. However, if you are a tourist and try to order off the menu, best of luck to you. Because it will freak them out and then they will give you what they want anyway. Moreover, if you want to see people run away fro...m you, like you have the plague, try giving sodas away for free. it's a real hoot.

2- Today during a visit to a local folk art musuem I observed something very unique. Among the many extraordinary exhibits my daughter, Sianna, began to giggle and showed me a piece that was carved out of stone or pottery, believed to hundreds of years old, named "gods of peace and harmony". There was a man and woman beautifully dressed in traditional Chinese attire standing in front of a brilliantly ornate garden. The only problem was the man was missing his head, which had fallen off over time. Read into that however you want, but I just found it stinking hilarious.

3- Yesterday, my newest daughter, Lia, decided to style my hair. So, she got out some hair beadies and a hair brush and went to work. To make things interesting I started humming some haunted house theme music and then a Steven Curtis Chapman tune. She started laughing her head off. Funny how life even here far from home is more fun when you laugh about it.

Swavel

No comments: